Which Software for You-Tube Grab, Slowing tempo and learning phrases and "Licks" ?

Audio Sauce

Which Software for You-Tube Grab, Slowing tempo and learning phrases and "Licks" ?

The "goal" is to take a You-tube video, take short audio phrases (no need for the video portion), learn it better, and import the thing into my DAW at a variety of tempos.

Would also like to grab a small slice of audio--at normal speed.

By the way, how can you capture from You-tube ? And what about File types. Any need to convert files from one format to another? (what I mean to say about file format--is there a file type which is best suited for changing tempo?)

Anybody know how to pull this off?

The "goal" is to take a You-tube video, take short audio phrases (no need for the video portion), learn it better, and import the thing into my DAW at a variety of tempos.

Would also like to grab a small slice of audio--at normal speed.

By the way, how can you capture from You-tube ? And what about File types. Any need to convert files from one format to another? (what I mean to say about file format--is there a file type which is best suited for changing tempo?)

Anybody know how to pull this off?

All I can tell you is how I'd do it:

I'm always running at least 2 computers - I have a laptop next to my desktop. To do what you're asking I would record from the headphone out of my laptop into my desktop using Cubase, then use Cubase's time stretching tools.

There's no copy protection that I know of that will prevent that - if you can hear it you can record it.

I'm not sure but I would think most recording software has time stretching tools to slow down tracks, I don't know if Reaper does that but my guess is that it does 'cause that's a pretty basic function.

Punch the URL of the tube video into www.keepvid.com
(that will save as a .flv flash video)

You can use the free SUPER from erightsoft.com to convert the video into any other video format you want (SUPER is a darned handy tool to keep around if you're messing with any video.)

Back