Which software for home videos ??

scotia80

Hi guys and gals im new to this site but been recording for about the last 9 years, Im now looking to make some videos nothing Speilberg i might add Im just looking for a good program that I can make maybe 3 or 4 full real time (miming)video clips to go along with the audio track (vocals, guitar, drums) and switch between the clips when making the final edit and of course syncing at the start. Keep in mind ive never done this before and havn't got the best of computers.

Thanks
Scott

Sony Vegas Studio.

Cheap, easy, no-fail.

Only warning is that video takes a LOT of disk space.
You can use usb drives (I do) but uncompressed video is 13gb per hour.
A terrabyte drive with lots of empty space is key.

A lot depends on if you already have Audio software and whether or not you'll ever be doing any live recording.

Sony Vegas is good for most stuff. If you don't have audio mixing software already, I'd thing about possibly getting a little more. While a lot pricier, something like Adobe Premiere Pro coupled with Adobe Soundbooth will give you some higher-grade codecs and easy use of the "Adobe Dynamic Link" which integrades the software together so you don't have to save/export files all over the place.

Otherwise, the Vegas family is fine and fairly inexpensive. I personally don't like Vegas' interface, but that comes from being used to Final Cut and Premiere more.

Back