Which Sale 13" Snare?

bongolation

This?
597355.jpg

or this?
575391.jpg

Essentially the same price. I've been picking up some snares for recording samples when I see them on long sale. I was pretty disappointed with the Yamaha Kabuto I bought and suspect it was just a promotional junker with a goosed-up phony MSRP.

Same with these, or are they actually decent, "real" snares?

Thanks for any help!

I know that the 12x7 maple Black Panther snares sounded sick, but that one looks like a 13 x 6 or something...not sure, what's the specs on it/ply thickness? It could be nice, the maple BP's, like I said, sounded sick...really nice crack to them.

I know that the 12x7 maple Black Panther snares sounded sick, but that one looks like a 13 x 6 or something...not sure, what's the specs on it/ply thickness?
Click the link for the specs, though they're incomplete...and this is slightly different from the one on the Mapex site in that it's maple/cherry.

I think this is some promotional item. :rolleyes:

I know that the 12x7 maple Black Panther snares sounded sick, but that one looks like a 13 x 6 or something...not sure, what's the specs on it/ply thickness? It could be nice, the maple BP's, like I said, sounded sick...really nice crack to them.

I'll second that. I have a Black Panther paired with my pro-m kit - not only does it sound great, but it'll accept a fairly wide tuning range. I'd go with the BP.

here's how i'd look at it: the black panther premium snares (not this one, the higher-end ones) are proven workhorses. everyone who has one loves it (myself included).

OCD i know nothing about--i've heard they're overpriced and that is the one and only thing i've ever heard about them. but what i wonder is, how much of that $99 is going towards the fancy finish and hardware and how much is going to the actual quality of the drum?

perhaps mapex is giving you the best possible drum they can at the price point by going w/ a simple wrap and chrome hdwe.

idk, it's speculation. but it's a thought.

good luck! :)

lol

OCD has balls, that's about the nicest thing I can say about them. I had a Mapex 13 snare that I still regret letting go of, fwiw

Back