Which recorder for me?

Dave Vick

Hi, I live in South Japan,away from mainland and cant get to try out multitrackers,all I know is from internet and forums.I am ready to buy a recorder and I wonder if the new ZOOM 1608 is what I need?Its on sale here from next month.I am British and can speak Japanese,I CANT read Kanji though!So even though I have a brochure I can only imagine!I am NEW to digital recording and I have a Windows pc with a good cd burner{Acoustica],so I dont need a built in cd burner.
I can get this Zoom for a good price,BUT I have read some negative views by zoom users on the net,especially about programming the drums,which I REALLY need! Can anybody tell me some GOOD points on Zoom recorders? AND about BOSS recorders,I like the fact they have a facility for voice mastering,gender change and even vocal harmonies.Cool.
EASE of operation is important for me,so I WAS intersted in the KORG recorder,but again I wonder if korg DRUMS are that good?

So if anybody has any news in English,on the new Zoom 16 track kind advice please!

and I have a Windows pc

I've always wanted to go to Japan... Hokusai is awesome. Anyways, if you have a PC and you have access to the internet, why not order online? Also, why not record on your computer? Get Propellerheads Reason 2.5 or FL Studio or Sonic Foundry's Acid 4.0. These are all programs you can load on your pc and end up with a cd. But if you are definitely looking for a multi track recorder, you could always get a Delta 1010 sound card for your pc, that'll give you 8 ins and 8 outs. Then get some kind of multi track program like cubase or logic.

good luck

Back