Which one's the best??

adkonz

Hey everyone, I'm tryin to buy a program for my 98 Windows laptop and I have no clue wat to get. I been lookin at the cakewalk ones and was wondering which one was the best. Can u give me some pointers???

Amber
*smile*

You'll find a lot of people in this bbs use different versions of Sonar. Sonar 3 was just released and is the latest and greatest by Cakewalk. What are you trying to achieve? How much money you want to spend (it's always about the money isn't it :D)? What setup/gear are you using.

Well, I didn't even know they had a new one!!! I need it for vocals and then to add piano and guitar. THe only gear i hae so far is my laptop mic. *sigh*. Spending range tho, im not really sure, but not more than 150 or so. So, does sonar work on 98? Is is really good???

Amber,

You'll probably find Home Studio 2004 more than adequate for your needs.

HS2004 is basically Sonar 2, but with a few less features. It's more likely to suit your budget than Sonar 3.

You should also consider purchasing a decent 24/96 audio card. I dubt the one with your lap top will be particularly good so far as digital recording is concerned.

--
BluesMeister

I totally agree...HS2004 would be plenty and it wouldn't brake the bank. Get yourself a good mic, mic pre, and a new audio interface and you'll be set for a while. Also, read read read all postings in this bbs. It will help and it's worth the time and effort. Good luck! :D

Another option is Guitar Tracks or Guitar Tracks Pro, which are audio only.
If you don't plan on using midi, why pay for it.
They also run fine on 98

Back