which monitors?

protech

Hi guys,

Any recomendations for active monitors, sub £500, which are good for drum and bass/industrial/guitar type music production?
I need some new ones for my studio and any comments welcome :)

Protech

check out yorkville monitors sometime.
great warranty etc.
if your into that type of production, try out the demo of band in a box sometime. youll save a lot of time in music production.
it might help you with fast getting down of song ideas. peace.

KRK's V's series are very flat and good for recording and in your price range. Along with Behringer 2031b's and the KRK RP's.

:D Yo ProTechnical:

No matter which way you go, you will probably get a better price AFTER the first of the year.

January sales' prices are usually lower.

Green Hornet :cool:

PS I have the KRK passives and they do a very nice job. KRKs have an 8 inch woofer. Some of the other "budget" monitors only have a 6.5. I think the Yorks are 6.5, at least their passives were. I'm not sure about the York actives.

:D :cool: ;) :D

Get a copy of Future Music magazine, this months, they do a shoot out of small nearfields. The Yamaha MSP3 and M-Audio BX5s where the top picks for overall quality and accuracy. The KRKs were only picked if you are doing hardrock. The Yorkvilles get complaints of ear fatigue.

The Green Hornet said:
PS I have the KRK passives and they do a very nice job. KRKs have an 8 inch woofer. Some of the other "budget" monitors only have a 6.5. I think the Yorks are 6.5, at least their passives were. I'm not sure about the York actives.

:D :cool: ;) :D

GreenHornet- You were the #1 Yorkville advocate around these parts for years! What happened?

I've had the Yorkville YSM1P's for about a year now. Love em. I'm no expert, but they sound good to me.

Back