Which Mogami do I need and where do I get them?

Rocket Boy

I want to start soldering my own cables... but I don't know where to get them or which flavor I need. www.mogamicable.com has a lot of different types. I want to make some balanced patch cables and some microphone cables.

Well you can get Male/Female XLR and 1/4 TRS/TS Ends on e-bay for pretty Cheap these Days...

I have about 10 or 15 Male XLR connectors that i could sell you if you want them, They are good quality connectors and I have used them to make many good quality Cables....

The ones I have are like these:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=090-344

The sell for allmopst $3 US each but If you want them I can give them to you for $2 each Pluss Shipping??

Cheers

PS: If you want to make XLR Mic Cables you will need Male and Female XLR Connectors and if you want to make Patch Cords you will need 1/4in TS (TRS) Male Connectors....If you Look at your Own Patch Cords and Mic cables you will see what you need to make them......

W2552 light duty balanced cable for patch cables
W2534 quad cable for mic cables (expensive)
you may try W2549 standard mic cable, if you are on a budget.
I suggest Neutrik trs and xlr connectors for best results

Once you know exactly what you need, feel free to PM me and I can give you a quote. I can also get you a quote with the cables premade with Mogami cabling and neutrik connectors. You may be surprised at how little the price difference is, as well as how good the solders are;)

You could get some Neutrik connectors, then use some standard electrical extension cords. Much cheaper, and don't sound too bad!!! LOL

Don't do that, I have never done it myself. :D

jaykeMURD said:
You could get some Neutrik connectors, then use some standard electrical extension cords. Much cheaper, and don't sound too bad!!! LOL

Don't do that, I have never done it myself. :D

It's fine for speaker cables.... Best speaker cables I've used were 10 AWG extension cord wire with a connector on the end. :D

I used a speaker cable as an instrument cable once in a pinch. Hum city, but it saved the gig....

I don't know about the specifics of the cable you are looking at, but the Performance Audio guys are very reputable and know their stuff pretty well. I live 75 miles from them and buy stuff from them all the time. I also have hired them to do shows that were too big for my systems and they always do a great job, not to mention having a great inventory. I would feel confident dealing with Performance Audio, just make sure you are buying the right product.

Back