Which mixer should I buy?

Jose_Man

Hey guys, I cheked out some mixers and these are my two options, I'm looking at price$, inputs, and other features....I'm just getting into recording, and this mixer in not gonna be actually for recording but it's gonna be for my band. We just bought a cheap STAGEWORKS P.A. system at Samash...But we're thinking in selling the Mixer that came in the package and buying a better one...so

I wanted your advice on which one to buy.

Behringer UB1622FX-PRO

or

YAMAHA MG16/4

Which one do you think It's the best and why??????????

Now I know shit about Technical; therefore, please explain it to me in simple terms...Or you can tell me the technnical terms and Explain them in an easy way. :).....I'm a nweb, bear with me.

Thanx
Peace
Jose

I would take the Yamaha.
Non-technically speaking...I like Yamaha products.
Although I would prefer a mackie over all of em.;)

Que pasa mi hermano Jose?

Utilize the "SEARCH" function of this BBS located top right hand corner of this page. Numerous inquiries have been made on "MIXERS" with every-1 offering thier OPINION on what they believe is best.

In determining what mixer is best suitable for your needs, determine how many tracks you will be recording/need, # of bussing and grouping options, need for 2-3 or 4 band eq with/w/o sweeps, mixer's preamp capabilities & perf etc.
Will you be using mixer for monitoring pc-based recordings, live work, out-board multi-tracker etc etc etc.
Most of all, what is your budget for mixer purchase.

Do a lil research on your own and arm yourself with some basic,useful knowledge in determining your needs.

Peace
Q.rM

Hey hey Jose. I just got the MG16/4's little bro, the 12/4. Have spent the evening playing with it. Just get the Yammie. Even tho' it's made in China, it's still gonna walk all over the Behri; build quality is in a different league and there are no gimmicks.

I'm no expert but I've got a sense that this new MG range are gonna do very well. Most cheap mixers like the Behri's just fall over once you run too many tracks through them; these feel a lot stronger. Be interested to hear what those who know think.

Back