Which microphone??

Nope Aint got either or any experiance , sorry cant help yer.
Might be better moved to mic section

Hi All

I have two much bass in my voice when I record. Any suggestions to reduce it???? I use AT2020 mic and Eureka as PreAmp. Zoom R8 is recorder and KRK ROKIT 6 monitors. Which Mic I can use to get better result??????? I recently spent $500 on EUREKA and can not afford to buy very expensive UA Pre Amps.
Best Regards
Masif

Hi All

I have two much bass in my voice when I record. Any suggestions to reduce it???? I use AT2020 mic and Eureka as PreAmp. Zoom R8 is recorder and KRK ROKIT 6 monitors. Which Mic I can use to get better result??????? I recently spent $500 on EUREKA and can not afford to buy very expensive UA Pre Amps.
Best Regards
Masif

I answered this in the other thread you posted o before I realised it is now appearing in multiple places. Start you own thread don't hijack other peoples.

i've not tried the sE2200 Mkii but i love the original and, to my understanding, the cardioid pattern on the new one sounds the same; very clean, quite bright but very versatile. plus, if you're looking at the one with the multiple polar patterns it makes it even more versatile. the blue mic's have a darker edge to them in general which can be great on nasal/thin vocals and overly bright acoustic guitars.

Both are great mics, i wouldn't say either is "better", just different. What are you planning to record? is it mainly vocals and acoustic guitar? if so, what kind of vocals?

EDIT; to add more confusion, i'd say also have a look at the sEZ3300a (i prefer this to the 2200a and is £199 new from some stores), the Avantone CK7, and the Rode NT1000. all great mic's in a similar price range to the 2200mkii and bluebird. again, all have their own pro's and con's.

Also, if you can, go out and try any mic's your thinking of buying. if you can't find them in stores, have a listen to some clips online and read as many review as possible (although i can't stress enough that all web clips and reviews need to be taken with a big pinch of salt)

Back