Which mic?

TheHunter

Which mic to buy? good for female with husky and low voice. I haven't recorded this kind of voice before. Her voice is like a typical jazz female singer a bit nasal. My choice after reading this forum and hours and hours in the net now I am stuck with these three mics.

1. CAD M179
2. AT 3050
3. NT1-A

By the way these mics fits to my budget. Comments please :o

TheHunter said:
Which mic to buy? good for female with husky and low voice. I haven't recorded this kind of voice before. Her voice is like a typical jazz female singer a bit nasal. My choice after reading this forum and hours and hours in the net now I am stuck with these three mics.

1. CAD M179
2. AT 3050
3. NT1-A

I dig the M-179. Cool sounding mid range. I haven't used the others. I've heard good things about the 3050. Who knows......

TravisinFlorida said:
I dig the M-179. Cool sounding mid range. I haven't used the others. I've heard good things about the 3050. Who knows......
Travis, thanks... yes I heard AT3050 is a decent low budget mic for voice but never tried though.

I have an AT3035 and a cad e300. The 3035 is really a great mic, but I'd be tempted to get the M179 because of its multiple polar paterns. I've heard great things about it, and I keep seeing it on ebay for 150 bucks with a shock mount. I don't have much experience recording husky female voices though.

M179 is THE most underated, least expensive utility infielder. I can go anywhere/do anything. While it is seldom the best mic it is always good and never terrible

Big Kenny said:
M179 is THE most underated, least expensive utility infielder. I can go anywhere/do anything. While it is seldom the best mic it is always good and never terrible
Great! By the way among the three mics only M179 doesn't comes with shockmount. I read that this has an internal shockmount or do I really have to buy a separate shockmount? Thanks!

TheHunter said:

1. CAD M179
2. AT 3050
3. NT1-A

I would look for a used AKG 414 personally.

Caotico said:
Yeah, I wouldn't want one without a shockmount, which you can pick up for some cash...but I keep seeing them on ebay with shock mounts and for a lot less. Anywone know anything about this? http://cgi.ebay.com/CAD-M179-Dual-D...ryZ41466QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the link... I asked the seller if it really comes with the shockmount because is not mentioned in the page only box photo. They replied that it comes with shockmount.

Never tried ordering at eBay and I hope this will work. :o

TheHunter said:
Thanks for the link... I asked the seller if it really comes with the shockmount because is not mentioned in the page only box photo. They replied that it comes with shockmount.

Never tried ordering at eBay and I hope this will work. :o

Did you order it?

Back