Which mic is best mic? $200 or less

Yeeeessssss

Audio Technica 2035 vs CAD m179 vs AKG Perception 220?

Hey all, i've been looking at some mics to upgrade from the usb ones I've been using. I'm looking to buy my first LDC mic and i'm looking for a fairly versatile one at that.
If it makes any difference, i'm using a PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL and Studio One Producer. I would like to record vocals, drums, guitar amps, acoustic guitar, and trumpet. If it helps anyone looking at these mics also-- all of them come with a shock mount and the AKG and CAD come with a case as well.

Audio Technica 2035 - $150

Amazon.com: Audio-Technica AT2035 Large Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone: Musical Instruments

CAD M179 Variable-Pattern Condenser Microphone - $130

Amazon.com: CAD M179 Variable-Pattern Condenser Microphone: Musical Instruments

AKG Perception 220 Professional Microphone - $130

Amazon.com: AKG Perception 220 Professional Studio Microphone: Musical Instruments

UPDATE: I have decided to go with the CAD m179. For anyone in the market for a budget ldc mic, i choose the m179 because of its low self noise, variable pattern, highly rated comments/multiple recommendations, comes with sturdy shock mount and case, and how versatile everyone believes it to be. Check the comment section on the link I've provided for more reasons and testimonials by studio producers themselfs. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Usually with low budgets I'd recommend buying a nicer, used mic in order to get maximum bang for your buck. There a lot of variance quality-wise in the $100-$500 range so with $200 you might be able to land slightly higher on the graph.

No need to start another thread asking the same basic question. I deleted your other one. Keep you mic inquiries contained to this thread.

Thanks.

Yeah i couldnt find how to close threads. Is their a way for me to do that? Also feel free to delete the older one, but this one is more specific and listed out mics and prices and links. Id prefer this one to be kept, thanks

Yeah i couldnt find how to close threads. Is their a way for me to do that? Also feel free to delete the older one, but this one is more specific and listed out mics and prices and links. Id prefer this one to be kept, thanks
You are not able to close threads. Why would you want to? The forums are for everybody regardless of who started a thread.

Alright thanks, you'll have to bear with me as im pretty new to this forum but it has definitely helped a ton already.

Back