which is better

Bwahahahahah!!!!!! He said the 3630!!!!
You wanna buy mine!!?? $50 bucks?? Lemme' know!
Nuff said!

MisterQcue,

Its not 'that' bad :)

Its just not what I would consider "high end" gear by any means. For making a demo tape with a portastudio, it does its job well.

As with most music gear, one gets what they pay for :)

hehehhe, I like your sense of humor, and of course, your desire to unload such a unit for $40.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have TDIF/ADAT in/out <G>.

Thanks though!

No it does'nt but it does have balanced I's and O's!!!!
AND,if you want, I can hook it up with S/P-DIF!!!
Come-on now $35.00??? Final offer!!!!!!!

MISTERQCUE said:
No it does'nt but it does have balanced I's and O's!!!!
AND,if you want, I can hook it up with S/P-DIF!!!
Come-on now $35.00??? Final offer!!!!!!!

Tempting, very tempting. You're in NYC?

Frederic@xephic.dynip.com

Funny.......

I use the 3630 ALOT these days, and hear pretty good things about the tracks I run through it. People don't seem to be laughing at the tracks or the mixes. You suppose they are just being nice to me by not laughing that I used a 3630 (god for bid!) on certain tracks in my mix?

Try this. I have a xdrive account, http://www.xdrive.com . User name is : SoundCracker (no space and use the right capitals) password is: mp3s . Go there and start downloading some mp3's and tell me, which tracks I used a 3630, which ones I used a Behringers Composer, ART, Cranesong.....dbx.....Urei......Aphex.......A lot of different stuff. Let me know which tracks you REALLY like the sound of and I will let you know what compressor I used on it.

The Waves plugin's blow away the Alesis stuff though! :) Since you were asking...

Ed

Hey Ed, the only time I use it is to get a certain "effect" in the channel I'm playing my bass in.( I plug my bass direct into the board; sometimes with a DI box,most times just direct). I had the 3630 into the bass channels insert to for so-called "transparent" comping,but dammit
here comes that darn "Click" sound when using 2:1 to 1
or that "ooomph" breathing sound when I decrease thresh! Man, you're prob'ly skilled at it's uses and believe me, I have tried all kinds of combinations,but to no avail on my part! There have been times it's produced
some wierd efx useful on a few jazz jams I recorded,but alas, most of the time I get totally frustrated! This is why I lean more toward my Behringer Comps or the RNC
and gave up on the 3630!
I will take the sound test when I get home as my office pc has no sound card.
But be warned, I have a decent ear and if I've heard material thru certain Comps and dsp's, I can usually pick out which is which. If not, I have to increase my dosage
of crack!! :)
BTW, you thinkin' 'bout buying mine also !!?? :)
Peace
Mr.Q

I remeber a while back I posted a thread asking what uses can 1 get out of a 3630. You posted some advice in regards to the bass or kick etc.
That nite, with a 6pack of Heinekens and a pint of Absolut,I embarked on a journey to determine what viable use/setting I can achieve on bass. After 'bout
4 hours of playing the bass thru the 3630 and constantly changing settings to find that right tone (mind
you,no eq,no sub-bass roll-offs,no nuthin") and after I started seeing 2 Fender Basses in my left hand instead of 1, I gave up! Maybe I did sumthin wrong, but how!
I tried it in inserts,auxes, and even plugged the bass direct into the 3630 then to the board (now THAT sound was muddled and nasty). I just simply gave up!
Eventually soon, I'm gonna post some of my crappy-ass jams and you can critique my use of the 3630,The Behgr's,RNC and the Presonus and give me your opinions!

Back