which headphones

davejohno

can anyone tell me what are some half decent headphones for PC recording. P.S I don't have a lot of money.
thanks

well sooooorrrrrrrryyyy!!!!!

I'm ssooooo sorry blue bear. what the hell is your problem bear????? I geuss I should have known you've answered this before. chill out!!!

AHA! Cans again? How can I resist to post? I can't. It's like cheese cake. Can't get enough of it.

When you say you want cans and then say you don't have much money, you will have to go with cans that fit your wallet.

But, if you want a nice set of cans, the Beyer 770's work fine for me. The headpiece is a bit tight but they sound fine. As well, several of the Sony models are all right.

I have several sets of cans in my studio but I almost always have the Beyer cans on while working until I need some Bayer.

Can you bear with this?

Green Hornet:D :p :confused:

Last edited:
Gotta go with Gidge on this one.... the Sony MDR7506 headphones are the best cans for the money @ around $99 apiece.

I've tried dozens of headphones and the Sony's came out on top, so that's all we use in my studio... (I have multiple sets).

Buck

Well, you said you couldn't put up to much money - so my suggestions are:

Sony MDR-CD280: The cheapest headphone I've tried that are worth taking a look at. Pretty good comfort and my ears tell me they're a lot better than their price tag implies.

Sennheisers HD200: If you don't like the Sony this is probably closer to what you're after. Better details in the sound and more distinct bass. A real price/performance beauty.

Personally I prefer AKG K240M. I seem to hear everything there is to hear in the mix with them. They are very easy to wear and I probably could listen for hours without getting tired - even if that isn't a good idea for other reasons.

I haven't heard the Sony's and Beyer's mentioned earlier in this thread. I think the choice of headphones has a lot to do with what kind of music you're making and personal preferences.

Back