Which compression?

stigg

I would like to know how well software plugin compression compares
to an external pre interface compressor.
s:)

Plug ins have come a long way ..... but you are from the old school as I'm and I much prefer outboard compressors myself.

I have no problem with software based compression--far
more important is the issue of setting it up properly.

However, in your question you mention a "pre interface" hardware unit which begs the question of what you want it for. I never apply compression when tracking. The most I'd do is put a limited in circuit for protection--but set my gain structure so hopfully it never kicks in.

moresound said "Plug ins have come a long way ..... but you are from the old school as I'm and I much prefer outboard compressors myself."

Thanks for the quick responce. What outboard compressor would you reccommend for say $200.?

Bobbsy said;"However, in your question you mention a "pre interface" hardware unit which begs the question of what you want it for. I never apply compression when tracking. The most I'd do is put a limited in circuit for protection--but set my gain structure so hopfully it never kicks in."

Thanks. I've been working the gain structure and have found satisfactory levels ok but I would like to smooth out some of the voice variables especially the straight voice non tremolo as my voice isn't as controlable as it used to be:)

I have some nice high end compressors but in the price range that your quoting you should take a look at the FMR RNC ..... HERE is a link. check out the leveling amp as well!

The RNC come up for sale used all of the time for about $100. ;)

Back