Which CDRs work best with CD players?

chlorinedream

Hi,

I have burned several audio CDs using a Que 8x4x32 CD-RW on a Mac, using Toast 4.1. I can hear the tracks if I play
them in a discman, but they wont play in my 5-disc component player, or in my car stereo. I'm using TDK 12x. Would
there be any difference if I used Kodak Gold or Sony CDQ-74CN CDRs? I am burning at 2x.

Thanks.

Hi Chlorinedream,
I have found that, Yes it does seem to matter what color the dye is in the cd you burn. The gold and blue and many other colors are not reflective enough to let some of the lower end stereo equipment read them. The prettier the color the less they seem to work. Through exhaustive testing I have found that the Verbatim DataLife CD-R Works the best for me. But let me ask you this. Are you putting a label on your CD? If yes, Are you putting the label on before or after you burn the CD? If you are putting the label on after the cd is burned then that could be your problem. You should put the label on before you burn the cd. Why? Well it's a question of balance. Just the weight of the label can through the CD tracks off center enough that the player can not find the TOC. If you put the label on before you burn then the tracks will be on center to the total weight of the CD. By using these CD's and putting the labels on before burning I haven't had any CD's that won't play in anything I put them in.

I hope this helps
GRIZ

Back