peter miller

i've been through 2 A-open's
I have a 3 year warranty. But when that is up I'm gonna chase another brand
any reccomendations?:eek:

I've become a big fan of Yamaha.

This latest $149 wonder rocks!

The CRW3200EZ

Yup. That's the one!

My Plextor has been very reliable for almost 4 years now. I bought a Plextor because it had a great reputation and it still has. They're not the cheapest but quality comes at a price.

hmmm i've heard of plextor.Sound good
my warranty is up in a few months.I'm not even confident the replacement will last that long..
which software do you guys use?
I've heard easy cd creator and direct cd hardly ever fail.!

I've installed Philips burners in 3 different PC's. You can get one under $100 usually, with or without a rebate. They go in like butter and I've made very few coasters.

I'd recommend the Plextor burner, but I prefer the Nero software over the Adaptec which comes with the Plextor.

I would say Plextor and TDK tie for best, Yamaha and Liteon are OK as well. There is a Liteon 32X burner you can buy for about $99 that has burn-proof and works quite well.

my buddy...

Greetings,

my good friend has a lite-on burner and its pretty amazing because its burns through alot of security/copywrite stuff. If that doesn;t apply to you because you don't buy alot of retail disks, i would imagine there are several good choices.

good review a while back (picked Plextor 241040A and the Yamaha CRW3200E as best)

http://www6.tomshardware.com/storage/01q4/011213/index.htm

SirRiff

you know what?!...Plextors are around $450 down here, some probably more, TDK about $300-400.flippin' dear down here

I bought my son a Yamaha Light Speed. I think the model number was a 2200. That's been a very good burner also, and it comes with Nero software.

Sorry to hear the prices are so high there, but my philosophy would be the same anyway,"Buy cheap, buy twice." Hmmmm, where have I heard that before.............

Twist

Back