Which audio interfaces are most compatible for Logic Pro X?

BirchleyUK

Having purchased a new IMac and Logic Pro X, my next purchase needs to be an audio interface however having read into this area I understand it's important (vital) to get an audio interface which is compatible for my DAW (in this case Logic Pro X)... I'll be recording maximum 2 tracks at any one time and will mostly be recording one track at a time. Any advice or guidance on this would be hugely appreciated as I want to get value for money however am willing to pay to get the right quality.

Thanks in advance

All interfaces that are compatible with Mac are compatible with Logic Pro X. As far as two channel interfaces go, I really like the two channel interfaces that Focusrite offers. They're affordable and have great quality.

Thanks, I was looking at the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. I've seen that the mass majority of AI have compatibility with Mac and Windows. I completely hear what you're saying but are there certain AI that are less likely to have teething problems and may have even been designed for macs over windows in the first place? Are there any any AI I should stay away from?

Mostly all interfaces will have full compatability with both operating systems. I don't know the details about very many specific interfaces, but I can say I've had great luck with M-Audio and Focusrite interfaces on Macs running Logic. A quick Google search about Mac compatability with any specific interface should help answer some of your questions.

i recently bought the scarlett 2i2 with my new mac as well and i LOVE it! I highly recommend it, it records well and sounds better than a cheaper interface! It runs fairly smooth, but the next jump up would be cost near $400. find one for 100 on craigslist!

Thanks for the advice... I'm looking at focusrite as my primary choice now. Sapphire 24 sounds ideal but I've read about lots of people having latency issues with it. I need so ring which I can record guitars, vocals and midi through.

Focusrite is the way to go. I use the saffire pro 40. It comes with a zero latency mixer that is an app on your mac. It runs inbetween the interface and Logic Pro X. Now, if you don't want to use it, you can just use the interface with Logic and not use their inbetween mixer, but once you get more stuff and want to input and output a bunch of things at once their zero latency inbetween mixer is great software to have. It comes free with their interfaces.

Their interfaces also come with a plug in suite that works for Logic Pro X. You just download the plug ins, open up Logic, it will find them automatically, and put in your key to activate them.

I wouldn't use anything but Focusrite. They have good pre amps in them and like I said the mixing software plus a good plug in suite makes it even better.

If you want to record drums, go ahead and get the saffire pro 40, it has 8 XLR pre amps built in, and a ton of outputs. It has more inputs than 8, but only 8 when dealing with it's own pre amps. You can connect other pre amps via adat and add to it. Or if you're a guitar player you can use Axe Fx, or HD500 or anything like that, plugged into it via SPDIF and not use one of your inputs that way.

You should have no latency issues. I have no latency issues even when I'm not using their no latency mixer software. But the saffire pro 40 is a firewire interface. Firewire will go into the thunderbolt adapter of a mac. If you get a focusrite USB interface and you only need like 2 or 4 pre amps you should still have no latency problems at all. Especially with a new mac. Any of the new mac's, even the lowest price one should have no latency issues.

Back