Which Amp?

• Vox AC4TV - Half the price, and can get it now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dude Solid States are not that bad!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shuasetter

Epiphone Pes Lawl
So. Which amp should I get? I can only play bedroom levels right now, but perhaps I should get an amp that will stay with me for the future?

Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Pedals: Holy Grail Reverb, Digitech Loop Station
Styles: Bluesy, Lead stuff as well as experimental pensive type
Players/Bands I admire: Hendrix, Clapton, SRV, Pink Floyd, Mark Knopfler, Doors, The Band, The White Stripes, The Beatles, John Mayer, The Black Keys, CCR, The Incredible String Band etc...

Tone I want: Clean Clean Clean, Tube Distortion, Slight Reverb

wouldn't mind a two-rock... :( $$$

ps my apologies on spelling recommend wrong

So. Which amp should I get? I can only play bedroom levels right now, but perhaps I should get an amp that will stay with me for the future?

JCM800 full stack. :D

Ok, seriously, hugely vague question. What kind of guitar do you play? What players do you admire and try to emulate? What's an example of the kind of guitar tone you go for?

How about a bigger Fender like a Hot Rod Deluxe or a Hot Rod Deville. I have owned all three including the Blues Junior. The Blues Junior may be too small someday when you really want to rock out!
VP

JCM800 full stack. :D

Ok, seriously, hugely vague question. What kind of guitar do you play? What players do you admire and try to emulate? What's an example of the kind of guitar tone you go for?

I played a JCM 800 full stack in a Black Sabbath tribute band in the early 90's
VP

My bro has one, sounds great. Pretty loud though.

I wish I still had mine, It was made in USA. I sold it to a friend who is a blues player. They can be very loud. I mostly play with closed back cabinets and all the extra volume that comes out the back of the DeVille was uncomfortable to me. but if you need to be heard it is great.
VP

take your guitar to your local amp store and find an amp that fits both your price range and your tones ...

Hey VP. Which companies are you a dealer for? We wouldn't want to see you pushing their products here now would we?

Just let us know so we are all aware.

They are not Fender. I am quite aware of SPAM. My intention always was to keep this forum and my retail business seperate. Thanks for being concerned.
VP

Yeah I've tried this at GC but theres so many 12 year olds attempting to play Sweet Child O Mine that I can't really hear anything. I need the amp in my bedroom, smoke a little, relax, and then play to really feel and make a decision. Oh well

Thing is i was set on the little Vox. Then I thought, why not save and get a blues Jr. and play it at low volumes, if I ever need to play loud I'll have a nice amp. I certainly am not at all considering a bigger amp or a more expensive amp at this time. That would be absurd, especially since my 1 year anniversary of playing guitar is Jan 13th (my bday - long story)

They are not Fender. I am quite aware of SPAM. My intention always was to keep this forum and my retail business seperate. Thanks for being concerned.
VP

So which companies are you a dealer for?

And why did you go back and edit this post to Drew?

Attachments

• vpedit.jpg
    vpedit.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 37
To the OP, Only you can decide what amp is right for you. You need to get out and play them and base your choice on that. No ones advice here is going to help you really. If you wanted advice on reliability or resale value maybe but tone is just so subjective.

Get out there and try them...

Honestly, I can't really try them anywhere. I can try the blues jr. in a very noisy environment, and as of late, the vox isn't available to try (at least at GC)

Yeah I've tried this at GC but theres so many 12 year olds attempting to play Sweet Child O Mine that I can't really hear anything. I need the amp in my bedroom, smoke a little, relax, and then play to really feel and make a decision. Oh well

Thing is i was set on the little Vox. Then I thought, why not save and get a blues Jr. and play it at low volumes, if I ever need to play loud I'll have a nice amp. I certainly am not at all considering a bigger amp or a more expensive amp at this time. That would be absurd, especially since my 1 year anniversary of playing guitar is Jan 13th (my bday - long story)

The little Blues Junior is an awesome little tube amp.
VP

I guess this is a pretty dumb thread to start, im just bored at work :p

It's not dumb at all but whatever we tell you is just our preference. Tone is a very personal perspective it's not osfa. If it was a black and white thing or you could prove some thing scientifically then it's valid but with an amp you have to listen to it not us.

Try and check out some local bands who may have gear that you can at least get up close to if you can't audition them yourself. Or get to a smaller store. Most will get stuff in if your serious unlike the larger chain store outlets. Sure you pay more but thats the service.

Is this some kind of a trick question?
VP

No and please don't send me PM's with answers to these questions again. I have nothing to say to you privately that I wouldn't want in the open.

Now please answer the questions.

Which companies are you a dealer for and why did you edit your abusive post to Drew?

Back