WHEY HEY! first track up of my bands up for comments, criticism and mindless insults

raindrops

ok my band used to be a full band but since then has died. My new band has only two members currently me, and the guitarist from the previous band. Tis industrial metal style, don't know how many of you out there apprciate this style!

Ok i am limited by only having one cheap mic for recording drums so for now, electronic drums are used. Although we won't be rerecording with real drums, if you have a listen you will notice that it would be completly impossible!

unfortunetely the quick mix i did to get this has got the drums far too loud at the beginning until it gets to the kinda chorus section. I was deaf mixing (i won't explain!).

i am pretty pleased with this, the vocals are done my the other member of the band. he is relatively new to singing so yeah.

if you get a chance to listen have a listen!
i need other peoples opinoins when there is only two people and we aint playing live yet!

it also aint finished, although not far off. cheers i think im babbling here!

http://listeningroom.lycos.com/tools/Download.phtml?ID=24124
nick

Not my cup of tea, but I'll say this. The vocals (if you can call them that) were badly buried in the mix. The drums sounded pretty good for programmed electronic drums. But you're right: they were a little loud at times relative to the rest of the mix. Give your ears a rest before making mixdown decisions. The guitar track was right on the money as to performance and mix.

Yeah... what the Doc said.

I definitely would throw a distorted bass in there. Make sure it merges well with the guitar and you get a sound that eats small babies. The guitar POD is great for distorted bass. Throw a couple of odd rythm passages in there, and you'll have killer song. Good work.

cheers for the listen

drstawl
yah the vocals are very buried at the beginning, at about 1'20 there is a chorus type bit and they pick up a bit there. the mix was incredibly quick i didn't even listen to it before mixing down, so yeah the final one will sound shit loads better. Im pleased with what i have done wit hthe drums seeing as my synth is advertised as a techno synth, although its not ideal.

messhuggah
yeah i tend not to bother with bass just can't be bothered, there is a bass in there at 1;20 for the chorus bit. My bass aint to good either so i might try having synth bass with guitar distortion on then, that might sound cool

ok cheers everyone

Back