Where's my "vst instruments" window???

hnia6

I have Cubase Artist 6.0.7 (as updated) and W7. I haven't changed anything except for installing Halion One from my installation disc. When I click on "Devices" and then "VST Instruments," my main window resizes (which is expected on one monitor), but no new window opens for VST Instruments. I minimize my main window and look around; it's not there. I used to see it. I don't know what's going on. Can anyone help me out? It's got to be something simple. I'm just a little too ditzy to figure it out right now, as exemplified by this silly emocon... :facepalm:

I trashed all the files under application data/roaming/steinberg (i guess that's trashing the preferences?) and that got my vst instruments window to show. HOWEVER, i now have no voices in Sonic SE. Never had the voices in Halion One. Can someone please help me out? Many views, but no replies! Why?

Have you figured it out yet? Do you still have the trashed files in your recycle bin?

Take a look here, and try bringing back pieces of the preferences folder.

Maybe need to reinstall Cubase. Next time, save the whole Preferences folder to a new folder on your desktop, in case something like this happens, you will have the stuff in front of you, to replace.

Back