Where to start?

Hi there...

You should post these things in the MP3 clinic... you're more likely to get answers there.

From my brief listen on a PC with mini headphones, there's not much bottom end happening, your drums sound extremely flat and relatively crappy anyway and the kick is almost absent, and it's overcompressed and thus I can hear ducking on the cymbal crashes...

I'm not listening in an optimum environment however.

Good playing tho.. There are some people here who do similar stuff, they'll probably give you more concrete recommendations....

Thanks for your reply! Yes, have this in the mp3 mixing clinic, however this is more of a question as to where i could start learning more about mixing, like a like to a tutorial or something. The drums sound to compressed? I can definitely hear something wrong with them, however i just imported the drums and didn't touch them at all, no added compressing.

No, I meant the overall mix sounded too compressed and I'm hearing a phenomenon called ducking on the cymbal hits, where that transient peak causes other sounds (ie. guitars) to lower in volume... like I said, I'm not exactly listening in optimal conditions though, so perhaps I'm imagining it. Are you running a compressor across the whole mix?

I'm also no expert mixer on this sort of stuff as I deal with primarly acoustic guitars rather than electric, so I can't really give you any tips, but hang around in the mix forum as well and you'll find plenty of really knowledgable dudes there to help.

Cheers

Aah i see, yeah I'll look into that, it does sound like the guitar is cutting in and out at points. As for the guide, I've found something that looks promising, so I guess ill just hang around the mixing forum like you said for additional tips. Thanks again.

Back