Where to buy?

Audio Monk

I've been researching equipment for a few weeks now and I'm almost ready to buy. Question is, where? Online seems to offer better deals but who has the best vaule "not cheapest price" and who can be trusted?

Thanks

Audio Monk

For inexpensive products, Musiciansfriend and Zzounds are fairly good. MF has a low price guarantee and both offer fairly quick and reliable inexpensive shipping. They are also good at providing up-to-date on-line inventory information. Unless you live in NJ or Oregon (?) you should also be able to avoid sales tax. If you need some one-on-one customer service from a dedicated sales rep, try Sweetwater. And if you want to spend big bucks and shoot for hi-end gear, try Mercenary or Atlas Pro Audio.

dwillis45 said:
For inexpensive products, Musiciansfriend and Zzounds are fairly good. MF has a low price guarantee and both offer fairly quick and reliable inexpensive shipping. They are also good at providing up-to-date on-line inventory information. Unless you live in NJ or Oregon (?) you should also be able to avoid sales tax. If you need some one-on-one customer service from a dedicated sales rep, try Sweetwater. And if you want to spend big bucks and shoot for hi-end gear, try Mercenary or Atlas Pro Audio.

I totally agree.

rpe

rpe said:
I totally agree.

rpe

I completely disagree! :mad:

Oregon has no sales tax :o

I like zzounds, MF is relatively harmless, Full Compass has good prices on some hard-to-find gear, like my treasured Beyer mics.

I buy all my gear in person at the local Guitar Center or Sam Ash.

Regardless of the stories I have heard, I have never had a problem. I research the lowest price on the net, print out the page and bring it, and pay that price exactly. Got my J-station for $89 or $99, cant remember.

I have never had anything break. If I did, I would drive up the road and deal with it in person. The computer shows how much gear I buy, it's not much but enough to establish me as a sincere customer.

I print the prices off MF (Musicians Friend) and take them down the road to my local Guitar Center.

They always, always, match the price. If i'm lucky they even BEAT the price on MF.

Back