Where to buy cymbals in San Francisco??

TamaSabian

Peruvian skin beater
My older brother will be in SF in two weeks so I´m planning to give him some cash to buy a 16" AAX Dark Crash. Do you have an idea how much it costs and where to buy???. Please give me complete address if you know a store. I live outside US that´s why I ask. To be more specific I know he will be visiting University of California at Berkeley. Hope you can give me a lead.

Thanks
TS

How long will he be there? Because San Fran is one of the most expensive cities to live in in the U.S., and you might get a much better deal having him order it from somewhere else. Mind you, I didn't price any gear the last time I was there, but everything else was more than I was used to.

I think there´s no time for an order from there. I also know that he will be flying to Washington. How are the prices over there???.

TS

Musician's friend has them for $144.99, Guitar center should match that price, I think there should be one in S.F. I' look it up.

1645 Vann Ness Ave. (next to Ruths Chriss steak house)

Here's a little more info- probably from the same page:

Guitar Center San Francisco
1645 Van Ness Ave.
San Francisco, California 94109
Store Hours:
M-F: 10-9 | Sat: 10-7 | Sun: 11-7
Phone: 415-409-0350
Fax: 415-409-0375
Manager: Jason Vanderpal

And here's the page:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/locations/store.cfm?store=220

If GC will match the price of Musician's Friend AND has it in stock this will probably be your best bet for buying it in SF. Music gear is expensive everywhere but store overheads are ridiculous here so the prices are a tad higher.

Anyway, I'd call ahead and make sure they have it in stock.

Take care,
Chris

Great!! thanks Chris and Cap, I´ll give him the address, the problem is he doesn´t know anything about drums, hope the seller don´t get advantage of it.

Thanks
TS

GC owns Musician's Friend so they'll definately match any prices. You can always haggle GC employees to take 10 or 20 bucks off your purchase, or at least throw in free sticks or something.

Back