Where shall i record vocals

S.C.U.D

Hi recording some vocal tracks this afternoon, I normally record in my bedroom a loft conversion with pitched roof and wooden floor, usually try to hang drapes around etc, Going to try either Bathroom about 7ft x 7ft quite a large window half tiled cork floor, or small bedroom 6 x 8 double glazed rear window carpet flat roof some soft furnisings - I usually apply effects after recording.

If you have the time try all the rooms you mentioned. Depending on the character of the voice and the fact that each room will add it's own coloration, you will most certainly find that one room sounds better than another.

I'm think the bathroom will probably be "brighter" (though not necessarily a good "brighter"). The small bedroom will probably be the "warmest" of the three, with the other bedroom falling somewhere in between. However, these are of course just guesses on my part.

I would be interested in how it turns out and what you think...

I didn't have time to try the bathroom. You were right The small bedroom was wamer and quite upfront, where as the larger seemed to pick up alot of the room in the chorus.

Might try the garden next !

Back