Where, online, can I buy a Studio Projects C1?

STUDIO PROJECTS DEALERS

EAR - Phoenix, Arizona 602-267-0600
East Coast Music Mall - Danbury Connecticut 800-901-2001
Coast Recording Supply - Hollywood, California 323-462-6058
Jim's Music Center - Irvine, California 949-552-4280
Magic Audio - Orlando, Florida 407-649-6402
Eurosound Systems - Winter Park, Florida 407-629-5153
Magic Audio - Atlanta, Georgia 404-329-9494
Flynn Guitars - Evanston, Illinois 847-491-0500
Parsons Audio - Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts 781-431-8708
Mac Midi Music - Nashville, Tennesee 615-742-5291
The Lenz Group - Las Vegas, Nevada 702-477-0879
Parkway Music - Clifton Park, New York 518-383-0300
Your Audio - New York City, New York 212-502-1880
Studio Cat Software - Plain City, Ohio 888-873-8855
Brownell Sound - Portland, Oregon 503-231-7866
Zotz Digital - Grants Pass, Oregon 541-472-9522
Suite Sounds - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 412-281-4470
Full Compass - Middleton, Wisconsin 608-831-7330
Music Center Of Kenosha - Kenosha, Wisconsin 262-697-9393

thanks, I am on that page now...anyone have a web address for buying the c1? I am at work and can't call long distance.

Don't say I never gave you anything.... :D
When I was a C1 hunting......

Dunno if all those links work, many of the places don't mention the C1 on their site. MacMidiMusic does, that's where I got mine, free FedEx ground.

Queue

I love it. But I just graduated from newbie last week. :D As I said before somewhere on another thread, even with my inexperience, I can hear a difference. I used to use an SM57, now it is the C1 all the way. I cannot compare it with others, as it is the only condenser I've used.

I was looking for a condenser mic for vocals right about the same time the C1 came on the scene. (At least one of 'those C1 newbies' is for real.) I had been lurking on this site for years, just never really felt like saying anything.

So far, I've only used it for vocals. It stands out in my mixes much better. The only downside is you gotta be pretty gentle with LD condensers, and they pick up everything!!! Ambient noises, breathing, the PC, the headphone mix, etc.., etc. I'm just having fun, so I haven't gone to any great lengths to try to reduce all that...

One of these days I'll feel that I've created something worthy of posting here, but I'm still learning (a lot).

Queue

Man, this looks like one hell of a great mic!

The devil on one shoulder says "go ahead and get it"

The angle on the other shoulder, started to say something, but I swated it like a bug.

Is this mic as good as everone says, or is it hype?

First there was the hype...
Then came the reviews...
Then came Harvey's comparison...
Then came Allan...
Then C7 got global...
Then a lot of us bought C1s... (sorry C7:()
Then we all posted how much we liked it...:D
Then more C1s were sold...

Has anyone posted here (or anywhere) that they bought a C1 and didn't like it????

Queue

I don't have one yet, but I do have a nice stand & a new pop filter just waiting for a C1 to be put on top of them.....just 3 more weeks of jelly sandwiches for lunch.....

Has anyone posted here (or anywhere) that they bought a C1 and didn't like it????

No offense, but I think that's because a lot of people who buy the C1 (me included, except I haven't bought one yet ;)) are hobbyists who didn't own a LD condenser before. So of course, they are very pleased when they hear the C1 compared to the dynamic mic they owned before...

And for the people who do know what a great mic sounds like, at 229$, it's hard to be dissapointed even if the C1 doesn't live up to one's expectations...

Anyway, Alan, do you have any distributors in Europe yet??

No offense, but I think that's because a lot of people who buy the C1 (me included, except I haven't bought one yet ) are hobbyists who didn't own a LD condenser before. So of course, they are very pleased when they hear the C1 compared to the dynamic mic they owned before...

None taken. I am certainly firmly planted in that category, as I have stated in various posts. But I'm guessing that there's quite a few who have compared it to other LD condensers. Either way, I feel safe in saying that it is a good value.

I'm also sure that eventually someone will come along that does not like it for their voice/application. Just find it odd that we have yet to see one here...

Queue

db51

Here is the guy you need to get in touch with for France:

JBK Marketing
31 Boulevard Anatole France, Zone Industrielle
Batiment E, 93200,Saint Denis france
voice: +33 1 42437127
fax: +33 1 42437159
email: philippe@jbkaudio.com
url: www.jbkaudio.com

Group,

I actually read a comment from another guy who said he liked the C1, but it did not compare to his TLM103. He mentioned the high end of the C1 was really bright, and that the mic had no bottom end.

Now, I had hoped someone would come out with a bad review so it could be over with already. As you know there have been many notable people who have said nothing but great things about the mics, and yes, many have been users who are buying the C1 as their first or second mic.

What I had difficulties with is that the C1 has wonderful top end. It is not harsh, and it has plenty of low end as most of you know, so while the guy sounded credible, I have a hard time believing he was listening to the C1. I'm sure he was, but I never expected to please everyone, so there you have it.

I also must have one, I haven't bought a mic in about twenty years.

I even have the money, now if I can just part with it, I am a cheap bastard!

Someone please give me a push!

Langleyt,

Thanks, I needed that.

I think I will go with MacMidi Music, that Queue recomended.

Since I live right here in sunny Florida, I won't have to pay sales tax, and they do free shipping.

Queue,

What kind of case comes with it? How's the instruction manual, anygood?

I've waited twenty years to buy a new mic, man am I excited!!

GT

Back