Where is the input channel fader

asterix12

In the manual, it mention sometime the input channel fader in the mixer. Ex: p.95

If necessary, use the input channel fader to adjust the signal level.

Sorry I have no idea what it is.:p

Have a good look in your mixer (F3) it's normally the first fader.

It's been awhile since I've worked in anything but the new mix console, where you have a whole Channel Selection section on the left that shows all possible channels. It's a beautiful thang. ;)

In the manual, it mention sometime the input channel fader in the mixer. Ex: p.95

If necessary, use the input channel fader to adjust the signal level.

Sorry I have no idea what it is.:p

Thanks, it's probably the big fader right in my face.
Oh you have artist 7, you like the mixer, what about note expression?

The mixer is fantastic for my purposes; v7.0.6 has it finally under control.

I personally never use note expression even though I do tons of MIDI editing. The parameters I normally use in acoustic projects are accessible either in the controller lanes or as a HALion quick control.

At the top of the mixer you'll see a block that says "Channel Types". Click on it and make sure all the circles next to each channel type is empty except the input channels. The mixer will only show those.

Cheers :)

The mixers allows you to turn off channels you don't want to see. Your input channels may be hidden.

I can't think of any reason to ever adjust the fade on the input channel. If the signal isn't the level you want it to be at that point, adjust the recording level at the Mic preamp. Adjusting input level after the signal is already "in" is a bit stupid.

Back