Where does the compressor go?

MASTON

OK,

I've got acoustic guitar going into AKG C-1000 going into dual art pre into maudio audiphile.

where do I put my BOSS compressor (the regular pedal-jobby normally used for electric guitar), before or after the pre-amp?
and if before how do I plug it in 'cos my mic uses a 3 prong jobby that goes into the 3-prong jobby on the pre-amp, and the compressor is just regular jacks ?

but if it goes after the pre-amp isn't that a bit dangerous going straight into the audiophile?

ta

Maston

MASTON said:
OK,

I've got acoustic guitar going into AKG C-1000 going into dual art pre into maudio audiphile.

where do I put my BOSS compressor (the regular pedal-jobby normally used for electric guitar), before or after the pre-amp?
and if before how do I plug it in 'cos my mic uses a 3 prong jobby that goes into the 3-prong jobby on the pre-amp, and the compressor is just regular jacks ?

but if it goes after the pre-amp isn't that a bit dangerous going straight into the audiophile?

ta

Maston

IMHO with that signal path the best place for your Boss compressor is on the shelf, unless you want to squash the life out of your guitar.;)

so how do I keep the levels from just jumping out at you when the harder bits come in and from dropping out when going into the quieter bits ????

If you must compress going in, get a normal compressor that takes the line level output of the preamp. Or plug a guitar into the Boss.
Are you able to compress with software it after it's recorded?

Back