where does Sonar LE stand?

jwgeetar

hey all, i got Sonar LE bundled with my Roland Keyboard. i loaded it but i don't really use it--yet. i do the Tascam 24 trk thing.

Just wondering where does Sonar LE stand amongst Cakewalk and such? is it a high end software? are there other Sonars above it,below it? better or worse? sorry but i b a noob at Sonar.....thx :)

But I think LE is very useable. I also got it with an Edirol midi controller. If you have a good collection of plugs and synths or whatever, then it's a good cheap option. Also, there's Reaper, which does what you need too.

But I think LE is very useable. I also got it with an Edirol midi controller. If you have a good collection of plugs and synths or whatever, then it's a good cheap option. Also, there's Reaper, which does what you need too.

when i launched it, it did look just like Reaper, of which i have also.

LE typically stands for Light Edition. Meaning its just a lighter dumbed down version of a more full featured software (in this cake sonar producer). IMO your DAW is almost never the limitation of a home recordist. Typically it's the skill level of that person that will be their limitations as far as making good recordings. So long as you have basic things like graphic EQs and essential plugins you have what you need to make killer recordings.

Back