Where do you live? What's it like?

Without apology...

Pie_IN_THE_FACE_by_green_watches.jpg

Hyuk! Hyuck! Heeyuck!

This thread is far, far better now that it's just pictures of people's houses and gardens, rather than actual people discussing other topics that arise from the pictures that are posted. Excellent work.

I just looked up the house I grew up in when I was a kid south of Redding. My dad really knew how to build a house...thing's nicer than I remember, lots more trees and such. The cattle farm next door was replaced with an orchard and that @#%! electric fence is gone :)

Born in NY. Lived in Colorado Springs for a couple of years. Grew up on Long Island. Then lived in Binghamton, NY, then San Diego, CA, then back to Bing., then to areas around Buffalo, NY for the past 30 years. If I had the knowledge/ability to post a picture, it would be of Niagara Falls (20 mins) or of the Buffalo Bills, who at some point went to play in (read "lost") a record 4 straight super bowls. Fortunately, the "wide right" loss was to the "New York Football Giants"! (I am a fan of the NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Knicks, and don't care enough about hockey but will root for any of the NY/NJ/Buffalo teams when playoffs roll around). For those other football folks out there, I used to watch the NY Cosmos back in the mid 70s (Pele and Cinaglia). Only the real veterans will remember when their used to be a baseball team, the NY Giants before they moved to CA.

I did a FB quiz some weeks ago that showed I have visited 46 of the 50 states in the US at some point in my life. Lots of good stuff out there (and a bit of not so much :-). I've been to a fair amount of Canada (Buffalo is 20 mins from Canada), except for the Vancouver area, which is on my to-do list, which includes some truly great cities, but only a few places overseas (London, Paris, Dublin, Toulouse, and some day trips from these).

Sry for lack of pics. Someday I'll figure that out for this forum.

Is there a chance that feature is unavailable either on a smartphone or in mobile mode? The only way I've ever been on this site is through my android phone using Mobile view. Thnx for taking the time to reply.

I have lived in London for must be 11 years now. I grew up in NZ and consider myself a Kiwi, but I was born and also lived for a bit in The Netherlands. London's pollution levels are bad and getting worse every year, plus I cycle and I think I must be getting close to using up all my 'you just narrowly avoid death' cards. Not sure how many you get though, maybe some people get loads? My hometown Christchurch NZ was hit by 2 massive earthquakes 4 years ago and it's still very much recovering. No chance of me going back there. Much of The Netherlands lies a few feet below sea level and is constantly at risk of flooding. No chance of me going back there. Where is the safest place to live I wonder, anyone know? :)

I have lived in London for must be 11 years now. I grew up in NZ and consider myself a Kiwi, but I was born and also lived for a bit in The Netherlands. London's pollution levels are bad and getting worse every year, plus I cycle and I think I must be getting close to using up all my 'you just narrowly avoid death' cards. Not sure how many you get though, maybe some people get loads? My hometown Christchurch NZ was hit by 2 massive earthquakes 4 years ago and it's still very much recovering. No chance of me going back there. Much of The Netherlands lies a few feet below sea level and is constantly at risk of flooding. No chance of me going back there. Where is the safest place to live I wonder, anyone know? :)

What are you doing on your bicycle, Frits? I cycled from zone 3 to central London (without a helmet) every day for months and it was fine. You must be a black cab magnet, or something.

What are you doing on your bicycle, Frits? I cycled from zone 3 to central London (without a helmet) every day for months and it was fine. You must be a black cab magnet, or something.

Dunno, Hammersmith bridge and High St Kensington are always the biggest problem for me. Maybe it's just time to quit riding the unicycle with a monkey on my shoulder... :)

Back