where do you guys get your 703?

erichenryus

i'm having the damnest time finding someone to sell me some in the chicago area. I called a lot of 'insulation supply' places and none will sell it to me. Every number that GETPINK gave me denied they sell it.

Why can't you just order this stuff online?!?!?!?

maybe your supplier in green bay would ship to chicago if i bought a lot of it? i swear, no one will sell me this stuff. can you give me their name?

no offense to ethan, i considered buying the minitraps, but the price difference between doing that and doing it myself is a pretty wide and i just don't have the money to do that right now.

I just kept on walking into any lumber supply company in my city until I found someone who would order it for me. (notice I said would, not could)

I had success at a locally based lumberyard/home center.

It took me about a year of looking. Rock wool was easier to find and a little cheaper. I'm using a combination of both.

Eric

Ethan is selling just 703 in addition to his traps, it is a little more expensive than if you could find it locally, but probably what you would have to pay if you had someone ship it from somewhere else.

Eric Best said:
Ethan is selling just 703 in addition to his traps, it is a little more expensive than if you could find it locally, but probably what you would have to pay if you had someone ship it from somewhere else.

thanks. i didn't realize that.

sorry for the late reply

I will be getting my 703 this week. If all goes well I will get you his name and #.

Ryan

Try roofing supply businesses. The primary use of 703 is as a thermal insulationon on roofs where batt insulation between the rafters is not possible. Thus it is the roofing contractors that are ordering it.

Also be open to accepting 'or equivalent' provided that they can provide you with a submittal sheet and the specs match that of 703. You can get the spec sheet for 703 from the owens-corning site.

Back