where do these programs fit in ?

newcomputeruser

looking through my old wishlist files i found a lot of these sony programs from back when they were about the only choice.

but things change. there are a lot of other programs to choose from now. so my question is -- if i had sonar and finale what would soundforge, or cd architect, or the rest , bring to the table as an advantage?

do they duplicate these other programs or do they add to them in a significant way ?

looking through my old wishlist files i found a lot of these sony programs from back when they were about the only choice.

but things change. there are a lot of other programs to choose from now. so my question is -- if i had sonar and finale what would soundforge, or cd architect, or the rest , bring to the table as an advantage?

do they duplicate these other programs or do they add to them in a significant way ?

You asked the same question in your other thread.

Sonar is a DAW program. It will record your audio and perform all your midi functions, probably duplicating most of what Finale will do for you.

CD Architect is a program for burning Redbook compliant cd's and probably other functions as well. When you get all your songs recorded in sonar, you would place them in CD architect in the order you want and can probably do some mastering to get the songs to gel together. I haven't used it before, but I'm assuming it's similar to Wavelab.

Out of the 4 programs listed, I would use Sonar and CD Architect. I'm not sure what Soundforge does and I'm too lazy tonight to look it up. :laughings:

cheers,

follow up

thanks
i think that soundforge may be an editor but now perhaps it has grown to do more

finale will provide the scorewriter features to print the music
so we can record live after we like what the midi version is like

the problem i have is that there are many necessary functions and now most software covers some to many of them to varying levels of quality

would like to get the best complete set that i can afford yet minimise duplication and waste.

but the labels are mostly high level eg daw tracker sequencer etc. and it is hard to see everything that is provided and whether those functions will mesh with another program to do everything

Sonar is a DAW program. It will record your audio and perform all your midi functions, probably duplicating most of what Finale will do for you.

CD Architect is a program for burning Redbook compliant cd's and probably other functions as well. When you get all your songs recorded in sonar, you would place them in CD architect in the order you want and can probably do some mastering to get the songs to gel together. I haven't used it before, but I'm assuming it's similar to Wavelab.

Out of the 4 programs listed, I would use Sonar and CD Architect. I'm not sure what Soundforge does and I'm too lazy tonight to look it up. :laughings:

cheers,

Sonar is an excellent multi track recorder and midi sequencer. It also has become a great program to do your mixing. It is probably all you would ever need. Until you want to go a step further. Soundforge is an audio editor (now works with midi also) and can take your music production to the next level of mastering. It has some of the best tools you will find available for the price.

CD Architech is (in my opinion) the best audio disc burning program on the planet. It is nondestructive to your files, and makes producing an excellent CD, a breeze.

Back