Where do I get O-C 703 insulation in New York?

Gunther

Ethan convinced me I need the stuff, now where do I get it and how much am I going to pay? I am in central Long Island...

Thx

I recently found a place in Queens NY. I can't remember the name exactly but they are a major distributor for commercial insulation. They carry pretty much all kinds of insulation, 703 knauff, Rockwool....you name it....oh...and they will sell you even if you don't buy a lot of it. Try doing a search for Commercial Insulation in Queens...or the best way..would be to call knauf...and ask them to tell you a distributor for the Queens area and you will probably find it like that.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Luis.

Guess what...??

I found the link....here it is.

http://www.jandssupply.com/product.htm

Gunther,

> now where do I get it and how much am I going to pay? <

I get mine from Kamco. They have outlets in the New York and Connecticut area, and a list is on their site:

www.kamco.com/locations.html

Before we started buying in large quantities the cost was about 50 cents per square foot for one inch thick 703.

--Ethan

Thanks again LDQ, I went there and picked up nine pannels today (for $50.) they didnt have O-C in stock, but they had the same stuff made by another company.

Ethan, if my math is right it looks like a paid 64 cents per sq/ft for 2 inch think stuff. Much less than auralex (too bad I cant take that crap back!).

Welp, about to leave work to pick up some fabric and a backer board. I think I am going to double up the fiberglass and make 2 4'X4' pannels 4 inches thick backed by either thin plywood, or a sheet of panneling or something. Hopefully this will help my bass issue more than the auralex.

Back