Where did it go?

Clam Soup

Project 49
Well, in the next episode of "conflict continues" I've run into a snag. My system is no longer recording. It still plays the stuff that's already recorded, but it won't record....

It looked like it was recording - making the signature on the track, but it wouldn't play back. So I closed out of everything and reopened it - still couldn't hear it.

Then I tried to start a new project after shutting everything down.... and even the graphics weren't working. Just the line going across the screen by itself with no click track - nothing.

I'm going to shut the pc down and see if that doesn't fix it.... If not - I'm going to need some help.

Cubase 5 LE

Screenshots will help a lot. Saying something like, "Just the line going across the screen by itself with no click track - nothing" doesn't tell us much.

I'm glad it's working again! One thing I would look into though is the changing of ins and outs while Cubase is running. For example, if I open Cubase WITHOUT my interface plugged in, i have no outputs, so if i try to plug it in while running cubase, the program doesn't realize that I did and thus wont show me those outs. But, if i restart cubase, they magically appear again.

I'm not sure if this was the cause of your issue, but it sounds very close to what used to happen to me all the time and i had no clue what was happening.

Oh! And that little "monitor" button next to the record enable is a pesky sucker too! It has to be yellow to hear what you are currently recording, but has to be white to hear it back after you stopped tracking. Maybe that was the issue....?

Back