Where can i get some padding?

Huge can of worms here. I'm assuming you're trying to kill reflections, or are you trying to "soundproof" the room. If it's the latter of the two don't even waste your money. If it's for reflections and it's just a hobby to you then you may want to look at hanging up some heavy blankets. If you're more into the music thing and want to take it a step further you need something like Ethan Winer's RealTraps. Do a google on the name and read up on his website. The man know's his acoustics.

littledog said:
let's assume for the moment that you actually wanted an answer, and not a lecture: (I know, pretty crazy, huh?):

www.markertek.com

Oh yeah screw trying to actually find out what the kid needs and possibly save him a shitload of time and money. Next time someone asks advice on a pre or mic I guess we should just link them to the main page of a website and wish them good luck.

i should invest in some padding... my new room for music is cement floors with no walls, just the plastic covered insulation shit

jonnyc said:
Oh yeah screw trying to actually find out what the kid needs and possibly save him a shitload of time and money. Next time someone asks advice on a pre or mic I guess we should just link them to the main page of a website and wish them good luck.

My apologies Jonny - I wasn't critiquing your answer, although I see how, upon rereading, it would come across that way!

Usually I'm as bad (or good) as anyone else about anwering a simple question with a whole string of "but first you should know/consider..." points. I was actually poking fun at myself for actually just answering the guy's question without pointing out all the things I automatically tend to assume he doesn't know. It was probably the first time in history...

Normally, if someone on one of these forums asks me if they should stop at a red light, I'll throw out that they should first get checked for color-blindness.

So again, your response was entirely fine. No ridicule intended except to myself.

Padding on the cheap...try some blankets. You can also get some foam at some type of craft store....I found some locally that was sort of like eggcrate stuff, came in a queen size bed shape, that was on sale for $5 one time. I just bought a few of those.

Back