Where can I get good RCA cable ends for DIY cable making?

hungovermorning

Dr. Caveman.
I figured this just may be the part of the board that I post this, but are there any sites that are selling a good RCA cable end for DIY cable making. Just boring old metal, none of this thin-coating of gold nonsense. If you could let me know, I'd appreciate it. I have nice TRS, TS, and XLR cables that I've made and I really don't like the molded plastic nightmares hooked up to some of my pieces of gear.

scott/cavetone!

The cables I made with the Canare plugs (F10's) in the early 90's still work great. I really like those plugs and I've seen no others I like as much, even close. Yes they have some gold plating but this isn't the Monster cable bullshit, it's because they work better. The spring thing works well too.
http://www.markertek.com/Cables-Con...Canare-Corporation-Of-America/F-09.xhtml?F-10
I use those ends and Mogami 2792 cable. Those are the only RCA ends I've used that didn't drive me nuts to work with, most of them out there are garbage.

You know, RCA cables are common as NAILS, not balanced (duh!) and cheapies do a fine job, so I can't imagine why you would want to build your own. I have a whole freakin' DRAWER full of 'em, and I saw a 4' x 3' x 2' bin FULL of the things at a pawn shop just today.

Female 1/4 TS to Male RCA adapters

i bought 10, Female 1/4 TS to Male RCA adapters off ebay for less the 10 bucks from hong kong, crapy shack wanted 8$ for one, they work for me but without a 90 degree angled TS jack, there long, like 5 inches, witch can suck.
i figured guitar/mic cable was alot better then stock RCA cable.

Peace
Tremaine

Back