When you record, is supposed to hear your voice in the headphones?!?!?

I don't recommend ear buds either, because the mic can pick up the earbuds. Insufficient isolation. The better the mic is, the worse it gets. For the same reason, I'm not so fond of one earphone. Even if you can press it to your head or block off/disconnect the other headphone speaker, there are other issues. First, unless you set up a mono headphone mix, you're now singing to half of a rough stereo mix. More importantly, I *want* to hear what the mic hears. I'm not singing for me, I'm singing to a mic and a digital recorder. I want to make the best sounding recording I can. I don't give a damn what it sounds like muted by my head. Don't worry- you're asking the right questions, and some people like to point out what you don't know and use abbreviations and anagrams that you don't know either. Don't sweat it. But- you do need a good set of tracking headphones. I recommend Sennheiser HD280's and Audio-Technica ATH M50's. Best of luck.

I recommend Sennheiser HD280's and Audio-Technica ATH M50's. Best of luck.

I've heard about Audio-Technica ATH M50 (also m30) a lot!!!!
Do you know those M30?! Anyway, I'm just insisting on the M30 because they are cheaper! ;)
God dammit ... I’ll have to spend a few notes.

Thanks for your help bro

Dang !! And I just ordered a usb mic (Samson G-trac)
Guess I should have read this first :(

I think his article was referring to hardware monitoring.
You'll still be able to hear yourself through the software dudester.
There'll be slight latency, but most of us are in that position. It's no biggy.

Back