When the moon .... is in the seventh house .......

Lt. Bob

Spread the Daf!
going to see HAIR! this Sunday.

Actually took a day off from gigging so wifey and I can go.
Saw it in 1970 .... great musical/play.

I just hope they haven't dumbed it down for todays super PC world.

Either way I'm stoked ...................... that is all.

Ah, yes, the Ragni and Rado classic. Blow it. Show it. Long as you can grow it. My parents took my mom's parents. I don't think it went over well.

I missed that one back then but I did catch Superstar on its first trip through LA. I wish I could have seen Ian Gillan in the lead, but I think he was just in the original London cast.

Ah, yes, the Ragni and Rado classic. Blow it. Show it. Long as you can grow it. My parents took my mom's parents. I don't think it went over well.

I missed that one back then but I did catch Superstar on its first trip through LA. I wish I could have seen Ian Gillan in the lead, but I think he was just in the original London cast.
Superstar was another one I was into.
In fact, I was obsessed by it and spent a year writing out a score while in college.

I saw it about 25 years after the film came out with freakin' Ted Neeley on the tour.
It was amazing since he was getting oldish and yet he'd open his mouth and, seemingly effortlessly, these super high notes came out. he was outstanding.

Last edited:

I saw the original Broadway production 6 times and the original London production once. I have yet to see a revival of the show (and I've seen many) that comes close to capturing the feel of the original. If this thread continues and I have time, I'll relate the story of how Ragni gave me the rights to produce the show at my high school in 1969.

Walking in space we find the purpose of peace,
The beauty of life you can no longer hide.

I saw the original Broadway production 6 times and the original London production once. I have yet to see a revival of the show (and I've seen many) that comes close to capturing the feel of the original. If this thread continues and I have time, I'll relate the story of how Ragni gave me the rights to produce the show at my high school in 1969.

I don't see how any revival could recapture the feel and spirit of the original since those things it was about were happening at that time. because of that it would feel much more important to the cast that it could have later on.
nonetheless I'm way looking forward to it.

I don't see how any revival could recapture the feel and spirit of the original since those things it was about were happening at that time. because of that it would feel much more important to the cast that it could have later on.
nenetheless I'm way looking forward to it.
That's exactly the flaw that I've seen in the revivals -- there was a desperation to those times, a life-and-death quality that is almost always missing. The closest I've seen is the second act of the most recent revival (I hope that's the one that you're seeing).

Back