When recording all audio is mixing to my recording track

redCashion

Ok, things just keep getting weirder and weirder.

I just bought a Delta 44 to replace a SBLive Plat. But know when recording in Samplitude 2496, all my tracks mix into the track I am recording. So if I have track one playing, it will be mixed into track two which I am recording to. I have made all the adjustments on the card's control panel that I can, so I think its something in the Samplitude. But strangely this didn't happen with my old card.

Arrg.

Why am I such a newbie? :)

In your soundcards mixer window see if you have something that says "record what you hear" or something similiar, if so turn that off (if it is on).

How do you have the Delta's patchbay, and Samp set up to record (be specific)?

Why am I such a newbie?
Because you only have 17 posts, but don't worry, once you get to 50 posts you'll gain the title of "junior member" and all the knowledge that comes with it. :D

-tkr

Somewhere in your samplitude software, you have to choose what source you want to record from....it sounds like you have "Monitor Mixer" selected....you want to select "H/W In"......

Dancin Dancin, I'm a Dancin machine!

I got it to work, and to prove that I am a newbie, here is what I realized.

First, I had never uninstalled the old SBLive driver, I don't know if this was an issue or not (though it would be good housekeeping to just get rid of it). Second, I hadn't installed the new drivers from the midiman website. For some newbyish reason, when I had seen the drivers on their website before I had the thought of: well I just bought the darn thing, I don't think I need to update the drivers quite yet.

As I sigh in relief I realize that I'm a dum-dum, but a happy dum-dum now that it is working :) Thanks for the help. :)

Im glad its working, but odds are that either one of those fixed it....unless re-installing the driver reset the HW/IN to where it needed to be.....

Back