When I use my ozone 4 plugin it slows down my vocals why?

BAMA

When I use my ozone 4 plugin, it slows down my vocals. The beat stays the same tempo but my vocals slows down whenever I select any presets. When I bypass it or remove the insert, it plays normal again:confused:

Does it slow down, or does it just go out of time?

Ozone is not intended as a mixing plugin and as such it brings about delays of around 1024 samples, sometimes more. If you really want to use Ozone whilst mixing I would recommend that you do the following:

• Duplicate the vocal track, and make the original inactive (just to keep as backup)
  • Consolidate your new vocal track
  • Look at the delay that Ozone is causing (CTL [maybe ALT, I forget] click on the little strip beneath the fader until it says dly; usually it says "Vol" I think)
  • Nudge back your consolidated vocal track by the amount of samples indicated by "dly"
  • Your track should now be in time.

Once you're happy with the sound of whatever you're doing, I would now do the following:

• Save settings in Ozone as a preset
  • Make your new vocal track inactive, and make the old one active again
  • Select the regions in your original vocal track you want to "Ozone"
  • Select Ozone from the Audio Suite menu at the top of the window.
  • Select the preset in Ozone, then hit process

I hope that helps, and that I have understood your problem correctly!

Even with Ozone's latency compensation on my mac pro there was still quite a bit of latency introduced by the plugin more than a few ms worth actually, so it was a bit.

I just mellowmuse ATA, I don't like nudging tracks.

Back