"When He's Gone", any thoughts?

zero00

Hello guys, I'm back with a new track, this one is called "When He's Gone", this time I use a studio for the recording.

Every comment is appreciate, so go to town.

Link

Regards,

It's big and polished, but it seems sort of....I don't know, kind of messy. Seems kind of mashed together. I want to like the guitar tones, but they seem kind of scratchy. I'm assuming these are drum samples? They sound cool, but kind of robotic. The bass holds it down well. I like the vocals. I could totally do without the keys, but they're okay. I'd like the mix with more clarity, space.

Hi Greg, thanks for your comments, the drums are real drums with a real drummer, maybe a few more hours of mixing could polish it, but I agree with you on this point.

Regards,

The mix sounds decent to me, but I found myself distracted by the thematic similarities between this and MCR's "The Black Parade." (The lyrical content and the first line of the melody are very similar.)

The string pads are kind of cheezy. The keys at the beginning are decent though.

I thought the guitar tone was solid. Especially the lead towards the end.

Your accent seems less thick on this one. That probably makes you more marketable in English-speaking countries, but I liked the accent! :D

to me the song sounds like it should be a couple BPM faster... and transpose it a few steps higher so it doesnt sit so low in the "not-powerful" range of your voice. i dont like the "forced" voice sound thats there for power and emphasis where all you really need to do is transpose it higher to a more powerful register.

Very MCR indeed... the vocals sit a little too forward and i think once those are tamed it will really allow more of the guitars to cut through.

edit - im sorry, thats prob not the feedback you're looking for... all the instruments sound crisp to me and i like you're drum sound

Thank you all, the fact that sounds very similar to MCR is because i wanted that... the vocalist isn't me this time as you might figure it out. The first line is equal to "The Black Parade" but the melody is different, so i don't see any problem with it, thanks anyway for pointing that out.
Crisp instruments yeah, I like it, I think it gives a little rocker touch, specially on the guitars, I used a small cab with a Vintage 30, mic with an SM57, 2 tracks with a Fender Stratocaster and 2 Tracks with a Gibson Les Paul Studio.
Vocals too on front, check and agree, I think 1 db or less.

Thanks guys, you rock!!!

keep rocking!!!

Back