whee. got my M512

kiira

wow I am glad I work someplace where there are several large strong guys. That thing is heavy!

It's also in beautiful physical condition... not even a scratch on the genuine simulated wood particle board sides or a tear in the fake leather. All the little access jumpers are there and all the little Tascam knobs have their colorful Tascam hats on too! RAWK!! I can't believe how well the guy packed it. I'm a lucky girl. Well I will be when Iget it home and we see if it's ok as a mixer as well as an attractive piece of furniture anyway.

"The deals are out there"

Agent Kiira

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Great news.

There's nothing quite as gratifying as a satisfied female :D

'specially the Scandinavian variety.

:cool:

I have to laugh at some things about 80s equipment. Like the power cord is just regular old zip cord like what is used on some little table lamp. Today a BIG HONKIN MIXER like that would have a power cord like an inch thick to carry ALL THAT POWER. LOL. :)

I wish that equipment would come with INSTANT GRATIFICATION instructions yanno? Like "How to get some sound real fast!" plug this cable there, a mic or cd player here, flip these switches so and oingo boingo rock and roll yo. But the Tascam maual has like pages of mathematical formulas about DBs and watts and stuff. Gah. The manual looks reall good though and easier to understand than my A&H manual but the mixer is actually more complicated and flexible. Allthe meters light la la and all the leds work la la.

My main problem is using my cabling effectively to hook up my Tascam 38 and my 238 through my patch bays.. I have 5 48 port ones so that's cool. I am thinking do the 238 through the 8 busses and the 38 from the direct ins/outs on the first 8 channel strips. I have 64 channels of cheeseball Hosa rca->1/4" snake, 32 channels of good quality rca->1/4" snake and a super high quality Mogami 24 channel snake that is alas 1/4"->1/4" that I guess I could use if I had some of those adaptors. Ok I'm just rambling now.

SO... what are the 2TR A and B inputs? Are they supposed to be inputs for mixdown decks? I have a LOT of reading and connecting to do. I just got a slant front 4' rack to put my 38, 238s and mts-1000 in for $25 and once I get my decks checked out and working and all my new studio will be done... I'll take some pictures!

tra!

Last edited:
Gee, how to hook [2] 238's and a 38 to a single M512, with slant rack and 48p patch bay?

You have more "problems" the likes of which, that most other heads on this board "wish" they had! :eek:

A Reel Person said:
Gee, how to hook [2] 238's and a 38 to a single M512, with slant rack and 48p patch bay?

You have more "problems" the likes of which, that most other heads on this board "wish" they had! :eek:

ha ha It's not a problem :rolleyes: I just don't know how to do it, I mean, the best way to do it. It's kind of a very different mixer from my Allen and Heath. I know I know RTFM. :p

Back