What's your "to go" eq?

A 'go-to' EQ would be the one you use regularly to put a hi-pass or lo-pass on a track, or to scoop some mud out of guitar tracks, right? So it's a legitimate question.

Here's a legitimate question - Why are you regularly high passing, low passing, and scooping out mud?

It could be worse...

a0peq_2.jpg

Just to not start any kind of fight, here: I'm sure both of my "worse" EQs are competent and wonderful plug-ins, but only worse as in more or less knobs...

My regular EQ is the one built into Reaper: ReaEQ.
Mind you I don't have any go to setting as I'm far too inconsistent for that option.
I def. don't high or low pass anything as a matter of course.
Mud scooping - I haven't had to do that too often - lucky me, (actually I probably like mud - it's the stuff that held Exile On Main Street together).

Here's a legitimate question - Why are you regularly high passing, low passing, and scooping out mud?

I don't do it all the time, but when I do, I use ReaEQ. I've read EQ guides from experienced folks who say put a hi-pass on almost everything other than the kick and bass - to eliminate any low-end noise that is there.

I don't do it all the time, but when I do, I use ReaEQ. I've read EQ guides from experienced folks who say put a hi-pass on almost everything other than the kick and bass - to eliminate any low-end noise that is there.

:laughings:

I get it now. You're one of *those* guys.

Back