Whats your effects chain?

Added a couple of toys.
BassPOD (The Black Bean)-amp mods are ok and I like the Gray Flanger setting, but overall, a piece of crap. But I got it cheap and the tuner is the fastest I've used, yet. So, I keep it at home for a toy.

Boss ME-20B - Nice, but still junk. Good tuner, likey the compressor, autowah sound like Boss autowahs (useable),
delay section-:laughings::laughings::laughings::laughings: !
But it light and small. Might add to board, but more and likely will be used instead of board because I'm lazy.

I'm running in order…
Planet Waves Strobe Tuner > Kevin Chin Fuzz Face Clone (with some stupid mod that I just figured out how to work. I don't know what it does, I turn something with a small screwdriver and it sounds awesome when I turn it all the way left) > 80s Morley Volume Pedal > MXR Carbon Copy (set for short delay with long repeats) > Danelectro Real Echo (long delay, long repeats) > MXR Phase 90 (set to slow) > (sometimes) MXR Phase 90 (set to very fast) > Fulltone Deja Vibe.

The Real Echo splits the signal and thats why I use it. It sends a dry signal to My 54 Gibsonette…which would include the fuzz and Carbon Copy since it comes before the Real Echo…and then a delayed signal is sent to my Matchless Clubman 35 (of course, it only 'delays' when it is ON) which then picks up the modulation effects. It makes for some really wicked, psychedelic Ping Pong effects.

I'm going to use this set up for my next record.

You can download the last one for FREE at theheavycompany.bandcamp.com (in case you are curious).

Cry Baby - Boss Metal Zone - Boss Power Stack - Boss Overdrive/Distortion - Boss Metal Core - Boss Super Shifter - Boss Harmonist x2 (Yeah, two of 'em) - Boss Equalizer - Boss Digital Reverb - Boss Loop Station RC-50 - Boss Volume Pedal - Marshall Triple Super Lead - Two 1960 Lead Cabinets. I just love boss, if you haven't figured it out already... :D

I just use a Zoom G7.1ut floor unit, although I think their effects are generally a bit sucky. It does make it very easy to switch between totally different guitar sounds in a covers band, but they don't stand up very well to a critical listening situation - particularly the flanger - it's fucking rubbish.

Back