What's Wrong With This?

wawazzat

I was answering a question over at the VS Planet.com, and this method of Disk copy came to me...
It's a VS840 (original)
otter, maybe you've tried this :)
Copy and pasted form the Planet:
-----------------------------------------
I was answering fossil jrs question on MT1->MT2 conversion, aqnd I started thinking...dangerous, I know...but...
I recorded a bunch of songs early on at 32K LV1. The biggest problem with that is the bounces. They don't sound as good as the original tracks, in my opinion.

Someone here once stated that the 840 will not send 32K recordings out of the digital outputs. (I haven't confirmed this)

What would be wrong with making a CDRW on my Philips machine of the basic rhythm track. (ie: just drums, bass and rhythm guitars)
Then I could run the CD track back into the VS840 on tracks 7/8.
Using another Zip Disk, record them at 44.1K MT2. Then I could redo the vocals and leads.
I tried this last night, and the resulting rhythm track was better than the straight bounces at 32K, if you ask me.

...Is this a stupid idea?

Would this be an alternative to just leaving out that ninth track that I invariably think I need?

What other problems could I run into?
Yeah, I know about the extra D/A and A/D conversions, but isn't it the results that count?

Help!
Are you listening, otter?
I know you have an 840 and a Philips CDRW machine :) :)
Nice!

[This message has been edited by wawazzat (edited 07-06-2000).]

Back