whats up fam

I would cut the intro down a little bit and use a de-esser on the hook. This track could be blended a little better with the beat too, they sound too up in front.

track is hott..just need to clean up the SSS...in the lyrics...good work..stay up..and welcome back

Hey, bk is right. The sss were ok throughout the song until the chorus came. Run the vocals through a de-esser and i think you'll be ok. Also, where did yall record your vocals? Sounds like there's alot of reflections going on. You can get 40 pieces of studio foam off of ebay for about 30 bucks. I can't remember the name of it, but search and i'm sure you can find it. Method 2, when i wanted a quick solution(this is going to sound stupid), i put a sleeping bag over me and the mic when i rapped. It cut out all the reflections and gave me a pretty dry vocal. I couldn't really get crunk tho! The beat is straight. Keep makin music mayne.

Last edited:
thanks for the feedback yall...
i gotta admit, ive never used a de-esser before. i mean i can tell by what its called what it basically does but i havent played around with it yet. im glad yall put me on that though i need to. i just started even getting down compression and eq a little bit and im getting better with mixing every day, yall are only helping me more.

as far as the booth, its just my little shitty closet setup. I would have already got foam except for that i live in an apartment and i didnt want to fuck up the walls because i knew i was gonna be moving out, which i will be here in the next month. but once i get a new place back in the cockitback i will definetly get some foam and start doing the vocals the right way.

thanks again, pcp

Your beat is good. Just the vocals need work. I would work on soundproofing... All my foam is not glued to the walls, cause I know I'm gonna move later. Just use a stapler to put the foam on the wall. And that don't mess up the walls.

I would cut the mid high frequency. You can also use A LITTLE DE-ESSER if you still have problems.

I really couldn't find a good example of a mid frequency cut. But in this image. You can see what I'm talking about.

http://www.midi-classics.com/i/p12094a.jpg

When you cut the mid Highs, bring the highs up a little to keep the sparkle...

Hey beatsbuy, it's been hard for me to mix vocals with some of my beats lately. I thought about buying a different flavor mic to suite the mixes. I tried your tip about cutting the mid-high frequencies and boosting the highs a little to compensate for the cut. That did the trick man. I did a 3db cut and boost. Perfect. Great tip!

P.s. Tried to give you rep but it says i've given you too much. I'll get it to ya later!

Back