What's this mic?

Ptron

What's the deal with this mic? It's a Shure PE66L. It looks just like an SM57. On Shure's site, I found a user guide for them and it looks like they have the exact same frequncy response curve and polar patterns as th 57s, and that they were made from'84 to '93. Anyone know what the idea behind these were? Is there something about them that makes them a budget mic or whatever?

Well the music store I just traded these to said they were a budget 57. I only got $20 apeice for them (I had two). I hope that's a reasonable trade value. I think I bought the pair at the same store six years ago for like a hundred bucks thinking "these look like 57s".

Ptron said:
Well the music store I just traded these to said they were a budget 57. I only got $20 apeice for them (I had two). I hope that's a reasonable trade value. I think I bought the pair at the same store six years ago for like a hundred bucks thinking "these look like 57s".
If GC gave you $40 for them... they most likely think they can resale them for about $95.

Back