Whats the story with your username?

Mines simple. I've got a 73' MG painted with union jack. hence mgb73 ~ ok maybe not simple b stands for brit.

I was going to ask this question soon so here may be a good place, if not, I'll start a new thread.

People go through the task of having a user name that isn't their real name for what ever reason and through correspondence you find out their real name.

Is it proper then to call them by their real name or the alias user name they have chosen?

I was wondering if you felt comfortable with me calling you by your real name on the forum, since you always call me by my board moniker.

Po refers to my old band the Po'Boys (the UK band) and Bubba was my nickname in it. The rest of the "family" would have been called Jep po, Micky po, Coddy po and JamieWhitham po, I guess. :D

Po refers to my old band the Po'Boys (the UK band) and Bubba was my nickname in it. The rest of the "family" would have been called Jep po, Micky po, Coddy po and JamieWhitham po, I guess. :D

Po' Boys is the name of a restaurant in some southern U.S. states. It has a Southern "poor folks" theme. They serve drinks from Mason jars, use clay flower pots for lampshades, etc. It's also the name of a sandwich.

Po' Boys is the name of a restaurant in some southern U.S. states. It has a Southern "poor folks" theme. They serve drinks from Mason jars, use clay flower pots for lampshades, etc. It's also the name of a sandwich.

I had a crayfish po'boy in N'arlins - was real real good...

Now that I think about it, the restaurant was probably called "Po' Folks", not "Po' Boys". There was one in Texas City about 25 years ago. Greg probably knows the place.

I was wondering if you felt comfortable with me calling you by your real name on the forum, since you always call me by my board moniker.

I don't mind anyone calling me Henry ~ in fact ~ it got a little getting use to reading everyone calling me by my live sound support company name.

Yeah a know. :D We got our name from a beef, gravy and onion sandwich which was on the menu board of the pub near where we rehearsed. :D

I (attempt to) play a few instruments but I've always been primarily a bass player for over 40 years. Thus BassMan and the 53 would be the year I was born.

I (attempt to) play a few instruments but I've always been primarily a bass player for over 40 years. Thus BassMan and the 53 would be the year I was born.

you know, i've seen your moniker on these pages and always assumed you were namechecking your vintage gear...

Back