What's the story with the reputation points?

Scooter B

I just noticed this the other day...so what is the story behind the "Reputation Points"?

Is this a popularity contest or are points awarded by Moderator's for good knowlegable friendly advice versus subtracted for BS Poser posts and general rude behavior?

Just curious if I should be contributing points to the good guys and/or warning newbies to this forum about who not to listen to.

Do I lose point for typo's because I am spelling impaired.

I never noticed the reputation points before. I have "10" points as well. Is there a way to see which posts earned me the points? I looked in my user CP and didn't find any way to see what posts people liked or comments that were made, is this possible?

Yeah, I just noticed this rating for the first time, too. My "10" doesn't make my happy, though... like with pop music, I have to believe that unified widespread agreement only means that one is playing to the lowest common demoinator and taking no chances. Bah, who needs that?

Please do me a favor and rate this message a lowly "1".

Best,

J.

Well, I just checked mine, because suddenly I went from being on "a distinguished road" to being an "unknown quantity." Seems like the reputation thing is also a nice way to post an anonymous flame. Really mature. That's what I get for posting in the Cave, I guess.

Yeah, I just noticed this rating for the first time, too. My "10" doesn't make my happy, though... like with pop music, I have to believe that unified widespread agreement only means that one is playing to the lowest common demoinator and taking no chances. Bah, who needs that?

I couldn't agree more!

Please do me a favor and rate this message a lowly "1".

Now I am really torn...I like your online demeanor (here and on the AW16G site) too much to dis you but I want you to be happy so I gave you a 1 and a 10 rating. :p

Thanks, Scott. Hope you don't mind that I gave you two 10s--one for this post and another for my own enjoyment of your other posts I've read here and at our beloved 16g.

If you ever need another 10 or two to boost your rating, just send me a PM.

J.

P.S. I just checked my rep, and it's still a 10. Damn.

Where can you see these points? when I go to my user page, I can only see that the latest reputation points to me were given in the Cave (surprise, surprise:)). mmm It says I have 15 points I notice now... What does that wanna way?

Pretty lame system if you ask me ;)

MadAudio said:
Well, I just checked mine, because suddenly I went from being on "a distinguished road" to being an "unknown quantity." Seems like the reputation thing is also a nice way to post an anonymous flame. Really mature. That's what I get for posting in the Cave, I guess.

Looks like you're back on the Distinguished Road.

Beep Beep!

Everybody needs more goodness. I took the liberty of giving everybody that's posted in this thread some points.

Well...except for Farview. Apparently, they don't want me thinking that you're too cool--it wouldn't let me give you any points, since I gave you some a while back for helping me out. Sorry.

Back