whats the new "58"?

1+Moresound the EV is a great mic
but you may want to addition different mics towards the different singers in your church.

1+Moresound the EV is a great mic
but you may want to addition different mics towards the different singers in your church.

There is some Merit to this, but I'm a big fan of the same vocal microphone across the board. Unless there absolutely a need for something different on someone special.

:cool:

There is some Merit to this, but I'm a big fan of the same vocal microphone across the board. Unless there absolutely a need for something different on someone special.

same here ...... in general the needs for live use aren't quite as singer-dependent as for recording.
For live use the two main things are high output with low feedback. You can EQ to fit the singer if those two needs are met.

UNLESS you have a singer with a weird voice.

They're pretty much the same, except for the guy that sounds like Tom Waits and the woman like Sophie Tucker, oh and the other guy with the David Bowie tone.....

And for something different-I like the Sennheiser 835 for live vocals. Cost effective too. They're sold many places in 3-packs that are almost like getting 3 for the price of 2.

+1 on the EV. Check out Heil PR 22's, 30's and 40's.
The PR 20 is fine on snare, but it sucks for vocals because of the handling noise. You can almost hear the blood pumping through your fingers with this thing.

The Sennheiser 835's are really thin. I do like them for death metal vocals because when the singer cups the mic and screams into it, it sounds normal instead of muffled.

What is wrong with getting more 58's? They have been the thing for almost 40 years. There is a reason for that.

Or maybe just an up grade to a beta58 for that matter.
But if the church has the money to do this go for the EVs

I remember when NCG spoke about the 990s in that thread, what a.......................

Back