What's the easiest recording software to use?

rxQueen

I currently use CoolEdit Pro, but it's kind hard to use, not in terms of skills that have to be involved to use it, but the way you control the software. after I'm done recording, it doesn't prompt me whether to keep it or not, the program thinks I never make mistakes or something. and ther are no keyboard shortcuts for the record button, and it's not something you can use to record right off the bat... you gotta rig the track and press the record button with your mouse and there's no countdown start for the record function (soundforge has it)

is there a recording software that can do all that? are guitar tracks pro or 2.0 my answer? I'm willing to pay some money, not a whole lot, but a reasonable amount to make some amatuer recordings, just for fun. I already own an M-Audio Revolution 7.1 soundcard, which has support for ASIO 2.0 and high quality sound

thanks a lot.

honestly all that stuff you just mentioned you want and dont get is in pro tools. but im a pro tools user and i love it so im a little biased.
im sure there are others that do that stuff too, but im not too sure on that. Ive heard that Cubase is basically the pro tools equivalant though, im sure some one will tell you about them around here.
but pro tools would fit your description though.

Here's the software package I settled on after trying many many many. I've been using computers for recording since Cubase on the Atari ST, and in my opinion this is the friendliest and easiest to use.

http://www.mackie.com/products/tracktion/

They have a free demo version and if you decide you like it as much as I do it'll only set you back $80.00.

xfinsterx said:
its kinda crazy how much this interface looks like abelton live.
just an observation..

and its kinda crazy how much protools looks like cubase, which has been around in one form or another since 1986.

Your point?

ssscientist said:
and its kinda crazy how much protools looks like cubase, which has been around in one form or another since 1986.

Your point?

ha! youre a bit of a snoot arent ya?

relax.

Last edited:
whoa! good one!
youre a real witty guy.
listen? why dont you get back to your true form, and study the science of being a totall jerk. you.ve surely got a masters in that field.

ALL multitrack software, (and hardware too for that matter), will require that you "rig" the track, select a recording source from whatever options are available, route it to an output so you can hear it, and press the record button.

CEP2 has an audio metronome that will give you a count in, but you have to set it up because the program doesn't know that you want to use it, or at what tempo you'd like it run. Ctrl+Spacebar will activate recording on any tracks that are setup and armed for recording. Everytime I've recorded something, the program has asked me if I'd like to save if I try to close it without saving. I find it's easier to save each song's ses. file in it's own folder along with any audio tracks that are recorded into that session.

There is a demo for Guitar Tracks Pro 3 on the cakewalk website, it might be setup in a way thats easier for you to use, I used to use GTPro2 a few years ago, and it was ok, GTPro3 has some major improvements in it, and wouldn't be a bad choice for someone just starting out, it's definetely worth checking out the demo anyway.

I'm not trying to be a smartass.. but the only way to remove all these things from your recording process is to go into a studio and pay someone else to do the recording for you while you play.

:)

Last edited:
Back